In addition to the Academic Scholarships offered in Years 5 & 6 (See Academic Scholarships Page), PLC Armidale offers a very special opportunity for a Kindergarten student.
Victoria Palmer Scholarship
The Victoria Palmer Scholarship is offered in memory of Victoria Palmer, a PLC Armidale Kindergarten student who attended Pre-Kinder and a few days of Kindergarten at the school.
Victoria was a bright, curious, outgoing little girl, who loved school, was energetic and fun loving and approached learning with curiosity and determination.
She died in 2008 from the sudden effects of a brain stem tumour. This Scholarship has been donated in her memory.
|Victoria Palmer Scholarship
||Value and Tenure
Kindergarten only -
|The successful applicant will be:
- A curious learner
- Willing to be involved in a range of school activities
- Caring of her school mates
- Demonstrating learning potential.
- The student’s family should be committed to a PLC Armidale education for the duration of the child’s Junior School years.
- A needs equity consideration applies.
- Approximately $2500 for the first year of schooling.
How to apply:
- The Scholarship should be applied for using application form. (PDF 210.3KB) An interview with the applicant and family will follow.
- As applicants for this award will likely be pre-school age, it is expected that they would be observed for brief periods in the PLC Armidale Pre-Kinder or Junior school environment rather than have an aptitude test.
- Applications for 2018 are open until November 1, 2017.
For more information, please contact:
Mrs Sally McCook
Tel: (+612) 6770 1700