Scholarship & Information day
PLC Armidale is flourishing under the inspirational leadership of Principal, Mrs Nicola Taylor and our alliance with sister school, PLC Sydney.
In choosing the best educational path for your daughter, there are two basic considerations:
- The potential educational outcome, and
- the values and culture she will be immersed in.
For over a century, PLC Armidale has specialised in the education of girls. We understand, appreciate girls and their specific needs.
Girls in a girls’ school:
- perform better academically
- are more confident taking on challenges and leadership roles
- are more likely to participate in PE, Sport and the Sciences.
A range of genuine Scholarships are available due to the generosity of numerous donors:
- All Rounder and Boarding Scholarships for 2018 entry are NOW OPEN (However, Round 1 has closed, but Round 2 applications are welcome by June 22, 2017).
- Academic, Music and Visual Arts Scholarships for 2018 have now closed. Applications for 2019 entry will be open from December 1, 2017.
Each year, PLC Armidale hosts its annual Scholarship & Information Day at the end of February, in the College's Astra Arts Centre. In 2018, it will be held on Monday 26 February.
All girls who sit the exam in the morning, and are welcome to stay for an “experience afternoon” in the classroom or a night in the Boarding House.
During this time, parents are invited to stay for a Parent Forum, where the respective presenters, including PLC Armidale Principal, Mrs Nicola Taylor and Head of Senior School, Mrs Anna Caldwell speak about "Why All Girls?" and specifically "Why PLC Armidale?", along with Director of Music, Mr Matthew Minter and Director of Sport, Mr Peter Le Surf who speak about the co and extra-curricular activities of the College.
A tour of the College is also undertaken for any interested parents and morning tea is provided. We look forward to welcoming you.
For more information, please contact
Mrs Sally McCook
Tel: (+612) 6770 1700