"Boarding is so much fun! It's like having a big sleepover with all your friends and sisters, every day." Year 8 Boarder
Our Boarders actively engage in a variety of activities throughout the week. Sport and music are important features of our co-curricular program and the boarding house supports girls to participate in these activities. The boarding house bus transports girls to local sporting games and training, enabling them to fully participate in these sports.
Girls who play instruments are able to practice their chosen instrument in the practice rooms in the college as well as use some spaces within the boarding house. Pianos and music stands are available for use.
Many of our boarders are also members of the busy Cattle Team which attends many local and state agricultural shows such as the Brisbane Royal EKKA.
In addition to the availability of both college and community co-curricular activities, the Boarding House runs a variety of activities specifically for the boarding community. Some recent activities have included:
- Annual Boarders Coffs Coast weekend
- Bonfire night
- Visits to local markets and festivals
- Attending local musical and theatre productions
- Cooking and cake decorating competitions
- Theme nights (eg. glow in the dark night)
- Christmas in July
- Community service activities both within the college and the broader community
- Craft activities such as cement pot making, candle making, fabric dying and bath bomb making
- Outdoor movie and mocktail night
- Pool trips
- Bowling, movie and roller skating trips
- Dangars Falls Bushwalk
For more information, please contact:
Miss Jennifer Leahy or Miss Margaret Latham
Acting Heads of Boarding
Tel: (+612) 6770 1724