Since 1887, PLC Armidale has been educating girls of promise and potential to become women of character and substance. PLC Armidale was founded on faith, foresight and generosity by individuals who believed they could make a difference and were deeply committed to the education of girls. Our rich heritage has been characterised by the consistent pursuit of rigorous academic endeavour and achievement, musical and sporting excellence and service to our community, regionally, nationally and globally.
Scholarships have provided opportunities to a great number of PLC Armidale graduates over many years to girls who have progressed their love of learning to university studies and on to a diverse range of successful careers.Read More
These Scholarships have been created from the generosity of generations of donors who wish to make a difference, and are awarded to girls on merit, promise and potential.
The College awards a limited number of Scholarships each year. Specific conditions may vary depending on the particular type of Scholarship.
Scholarships provide part remission of tuition fees and are available to:
- Australian citizens
- Permanent residents of Australia
For more information, please contact Enrolments at (+612) 6770 1700Read Less
Scholarship Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields
PLC Armidale offers Bursaries as outlined below. Bursaries are awarded on the basis of a family’s financial need and are means tested annually.
All Bursary applications must be submitted in hard copy and will NOT be accepted electronically.
Specific conditions may vary depending on the particular type of Bursary offered. However, the following conditions must be upheld by ALL recipients. The student must:
- Perform to a satisfactory academic standard.
- Maintain a high level of participation in College activities.
- Abide by all College rules and regulations, work hard and act in a manner befitting a PLC Armidale student.
- Family accounts must be kept current at all times and not go into arrears.
- Families of Bursary recipients are strongly encouraged to contribute towards College community events and fund-raising activities.
- Details of the Bursary are to remain STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL. It is an offer made in good faith between your family and the College, and should NOT be disclosed to any other individual, school or organisation.
- Families will be required to undertake an annual Bursary review.
- We encourage families and students to acknowledge receipt of any Bursary, by writing a letter of appreciation to the donor, including an update of the student’s process.
- Bursary recipients and/or their family may be invited to comment on how the Bursary has been of assistance to them, for College promotional purposes such as, the PLC Armidale Foundation Annual Giving campaign.
- We appreciate that from time to time family circumstances may change. Upon the unfortunate decision to leave the College, one term’s notice must be given. Should a family decide to terminate an enrolment prior to their daughter completing the HSC examinations, please be aware that the entire amount of the Council Bursary provided will be required to repaid to the College. Should you have any questions regarding council bursaries please contact the business manager on 02 6770 1700 or firstname.lastname@example.org
|Bursary||Eligibility Criteria||Value, Tenure and Number Awarded||How to Apply||Applications|
|McLaren Bursary||Current PLC Armidale students and new applicants are eligible to apply. |
Bursaries are available to Australian citizens or permanent residents only.
The McLaren Bursary is means-tested and will be awarded to families who are primary producers or are working in related primary production support industries. Available for Years 7-12 only.
|A bursary entitles the holder to part remission of tuition fees only. |
Bursaries are offered each year and annual re-application will be required.
The number of Bursaries awarded each year varies.
|Applicants must complete the application form available below and return the original copy with attachments to the Business Manager via post or hand delivery each year. Applications must not be emailed or faxed. |
A needs equity consideration applies.
New students are also required to register for Enrolment. Apply: McLaren Bursary application
|Open Term 2 & close at start of Term 4.|
|PLC Armidale & Hilton Old Girls’ Union Bursary||Current PLC Armidale students and new applicants are eligible to apply. |
Applicants must be entering Year 7 and must be the daughter or grand daughter of a PLC Armidale Old Girl.
|This is a $2000 payment to assist with expenses. |
For Year 7 ONLY
|Written application is to be made to the: PLC Armidale & Hilton Old Girls’ Union via the College Enrolments office.||Open for 2022 applications. Close 30 September for Year 7 entry the following year.|
|Other Assistance||Assistance for Isolated Children – Contact Centrelink or the Isolated Children’s Parents Association of Australia for further information.|
Bush Children’s Education Foundation of NSW (BCEF) – Bursaries for Secondary Rural Boarding Application here.
Abstudy or Austudy: Contact Centrelink for further information.
Living away from home allowance: Contact Centrelink for further information
Please submit applications to:
Private and Confidential
Locked Bag 5
ARMIDALE NSW 2350
For more information, please contact:
For more information, please contact our Business Manager on (+612) 6770 1700