extended day program
What is it?
The Extended Day Program has been designed to accommodate the needs of busy students and their families and is available for commencement at the start of each school term.
The program at PLC Armidale is coordinated through the Boarding House.
It provides the opportunity for PLC Armidale students to access a range of learning opportunities after school hours under the supervision and care of our experienced Boarding and Academic staff. The program also enables our students to participate in their PLC Armidale extra-curricular program (this does not include attendance at appointments such as the dentist or doctor). Following their participation in the approved activity, students then return to the Boarding House and attend dinner with the Boarders. The students will then undertake their homework during the compulsory Prep time with the boarders in the Senior School Library. On Mondays, the students will attend Boarders’ Chapel before attending Prep.
Who is eligible?
The program is designed for Senior School day students in Years 7 -11. All interested students will need to apply for this opportunity, as there are a maximum number of vacancies available for each afternoon.
The girls will have access to a range of academic staff members from the College to assist the girls with homework, assignment preparation and study routines.
How will it operate?
Students from Years 7 to 11 must enrol in the Extended Day Program for the entire term and be committed to undertake the program in full. It will not be offered on a casual basis. The program operates on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons only and students may choose any of those days, or a combination of days.
students will need to:
- Sign in after school at the Todd McBean Boarding House (afternoon tea will be provided).
- Change (if required) and join co-curricular or extra-curricular activities (transported by PLC Armidale bus with the boarders) or enjoy relaxation within the PLC Armidale grounds under the supervision of boarding staff, shower and change if desired, and remain under the care and supervision of the boarding staff until dinner commences.
- Join the Boarders in the dining room for Dinner.
- Attend Boarders’ Chapel on Mondays.
- Return to the Library for supervised Prep after dinner until 8pm, where they will be signed out as parents collect students from the library NO LATER THAN 8pm. Should parents be late collecting their daughter for whatever reason, a late fee will apply.
- Follow the boarding procedures and comply with the rules and expectations of the Boarding House, Dining Room and Senior School Library.
- Provide any additional medical information that the school may not already have with regard to specific medications for after school hours.
How does a Year 7-11 Student enrol?
Parents must register their student by completing the form provided below.
The cost of $25 per afternoon per student will be charged to the parent’s account.
For more information, please contact:
Mrs Sue Westley
Tel: (+612) 6770 1700
NB. Registrations need to be made by the beginning of each Term by completing and emailing the form below to firstname.lastname@example.org